Monday, October 10, 2011

Holiday's first convention

We went to Geek Girl Con (the first one) this last Saturday.  Holly didn't like waiting in line at will call for our tickets, but she liked wearing the pass on the lanyard.  It came down to her knees.  David watched Holly while I went to a panel about women in Star Wars.  It was great.  Holly got fussy though so David ran her around the fountain area (it was at various buildings at the Seattle Center).  There was an Arab Festival going on in a different building and Holly really liked that because they had arts and crafts for her to do.  We had lunch and went back to vendor/artist room.  Many of the booths had candy for grabs and Holly really liked that.  She was taking tiny bites off of her Hershey's kiss, making that puppy last.  After that David took Holly home.  Then I took my time looking at all the stuff, talking to the people.  I went to another panel about Stunt Grrrls (that is how it's spelled).  It was interesting and funny.  I was planning on going to the one about Steam Punk but the interest in it was grossly underestimated and from what I could tell from the line, it was going to be about 500% capacity so I bagged it and went home.  I had a good time, there probably needs to be more kids' activities before we take Holly again.

No comments: