Friday, August 17, 2012

Seattle Heat Wave

We got through yesterday's heat well enough.  I'm trying to get the dishwasher run as close to after dinner as possible...I figure the sooner it finishes the sooner the house can start to cool down.  We keep all our curtains pulled close to keep out as much daylight as possible during the day, which helps some.  Considering it was 91 degrees outside when we got home yesterday and 81 degrees inside, it let in some heat but it kept out a sizable amount.  We work pretty hard at an orchestration of fans/AC/opening of windows at a certain time to keep the house tolerable for the kids as well as ourselves.  I know when I was breastfeeding Holly I dried up in the heat wave of summer '09 and I'm trying not to let that happen again with Johnny.  It's hard because I really dislike hotness so I'm hitting the fluids like crazy.  Today is supposed to be a little hotter so we're going to the mall tonight instead of going straight home.  Tomorrow the temperature will come down some but the humidity is going way up so it'll be a challenging day as well.  I'm hoping the weather people are right and it'll be in the 70's on Sunday.  It'll be a better day to get some yard work done.  I finally got a call back for dance lessons for Holly so we'll see what we can do once they send us a class schedule.  Johnny's been rolling onto his side on his own.  He works pretty hard on the tummy time too.  Now he's starting to pick up the baby toys we're giving him, trying to figure those things out.  He seemed to discover his hands this week, I saw him holding his hands out staring at them.  We've been playing the "smile at the baby in mirror" game too.  Johnny has Mommy's gasping laugh she had as a baby too.  Holly did the same thing.  He basically is smiling really big and makes this gasping hiccup sound that sounds like he's choking but he's really laughing.  My dad hated it when I did that at that age.  I guess it scared everybody and they constantly were checking me to see if I was choking.  Johnny laughs quite a bit.  :)

1 comment:

gramlinda said...

Here's hopng for cooler weather sooner than later!!