Thursday, June 27, 2013

Holiday's Dance Recital and the Anderson Illness


Here's the finale during rehearsal...Holiday is in a pink tutu in the front row.


A close up of Holiday.


Even closer.


This her class's ballet number during rehearsal.


She did so well.


Absolutely adorable.


It was the best thing ever.


Here's Johnny taking it easy in the easy chair.


Just getting comfortable with a good book.

Holiday was sick with some kind of stomach virus the day before her rehearsal.  Then Johnny got it last Wednesday night and it didn't get better till Saturday the day of the dance recital.  That's when I got it, I don't remember the last time I was that violently ill.  Seriously...words cannot express, nor should they.  It was pretty bad, but I was determined to suck it up and go to my daughter's dance recital.  It was in the evening so by then the really horrible stuff had passed already.  So I made it through the 3 hours of performance and the one hour of pre-performance shufflings without any since of run to the bathroom urgency.  That's a big "Yeah Me!!!"  I'm so glad I did it too.  It was one of the best things I've ever seen.  There's almost 100 students in the whole school and I really enjoyed watching everybody.  The house had sold out too so that's a lot of people really getting into it.  It was a mix of traditional and contemporary, ballet, tap and modern.  From your Music Box Dancer to My Prerogative.   The latter was super awesome by the way.  Holiday did her job and led her class out onto the stage great.  They made her wear the arm bands that are made out of tulle (super scratchy and much too big for her), so I think that distracted her a bit during their ballet number.  They didn't wear those for the tap number so Holiday was killing it on the dance floor.  Their class got so much applause on the tap number, we could see the smile on Holiday's face.  She was so into the moment she didn't notice all the other girls had exited the stage, when she did, she happily ran off to join the others.  This is Holiday's teacher's last year so the torch has been passed to someone else to take over the dance school.  She handed out red roses to all the students herself.  Holiday was very proud of her rose and her certificate of achievement (she calls it a picture).  Sunday night David started getting the stomach bug, the onset really does seem to be the worst part.  I was able to eat real food for the first time yesterday, I had been on cup of noodles since Sunday.  I'm about 95% right now, I think David is about a day and half behind me.  Unfortunately Johnny threw up again on Monday and again on Tuesday so we took him into the doctor and he has a double ear infection.  That's just a mean parting shot if you ask me considering how bad that tummy bug was.  But ear infections are easier to treat than cleaning up after tummy illnesses....ah amoxicillian...my old friend.

No comments: