Monday, November 25, 2013

This cold had my name all over it

Yes, as of LAST Monday I've been fighting a cold.  I am feeling much better but it seems to be hanging on much longer than most colds.  At least there wasn't any fever, but it's one of those kinds that sucks all the life and energy out of you so I've been more tired than usual.  So have the kids, it's been much harder to get them up in the morning.  I can't say I blame them, I would like more sleep too.  But they are kids so they are almost always in some sort of stage in the sniffles department.  It's just harder to deal with right before a major holiday and everything is so busy.  I made a point to not do much this weekend and blatantly ignored the leaves in the yard in spite of my to-do list.  David and I got to watch Holiday's dance class but in shifts.  Johnny just can't keep off the dance floor so we had to keep him in the waiting room during the class.  The girls are doing really well and I don't think any of them had a melt down which in the past was a regular occurrence during parent watch days.  Very good little listeners.  We went to the library and then to the Safeway pharmacy for Daddy and Mommy to get their flu shots.  So now we're all up to snuff on our shots.  David put up the exterior Christmas lights on Saturday since it was dry this weekend.  He had a little scare when the whole ladder slipped out of position with him on it to lay flat on the back deck.  But thankfully it was just racked shins and neck whiplash nothing major just a little scary.  The Christmas lights look good too.  We'll probably wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree.  I need to get some pre-Thanksgiving baking done anyways.

1 comment:

gramlinda said...

I just love the vision of Johnny dancing with the girls! Happy Thanksgiving in advance.