Monday, August 17, 2015

Our Summer So Far

Sooooo...what have we been up to lately? We did go to the Museum of Flight during SeaFair weekend with my sister Kelly, her fiance Wade, his son Gage, our nieces, Jessie and Jillian and my mom and step-dad. Quite the family event. We saw a lot more of the museum this time plus a lot of special features involving SeaFair and the Blue Angels. We saw the museum in the morning hours and then ate lunch outside in the picnic area in the shade (is was 90 degrees that day). There was a pretty good breeze going too which was heavenly. Definitely the coolest place I've ever watched the Blue Angels from, my pictures do not do it justice. Holiday also lost a tooth that day. Then we all got really sick with a flu bug. Thankfully it only lasted a day. On Saturday our family participated in the Rainier Heritage Parade just like we did last year representing Rainier Dance Center. Holiday actually did the dance along with David as they marched along Rainier Ave. She would take breaks to help pass out candy and business cards to onlookers with Johnny and me. David was one of the wagon pullers. Johnny would give big fat hand fulls of candy out to people and would try to get every single person. Usually you try to give the candy to the kids but Johnny does not discriminate and loaded this one older gal with tons. She was laughing pretty hard. We had a lot of fun and I think it went a little smoother from last year since most of us have done it once. I do have to hand it to the kids though. They held out till we were done with the parade before diving into the remaining candy with all the other dancers and thus decimating the remains inside 5 minutes. Holiday gets her cast off this coming Friday so that's exciting. Johnny starts pre-school on Monday and that's exciting too. We've started back to school shopping so I'm making use of sales and freebies where I can. The kids have their new backpacks and lunchboxes. School supplies will be next weekend. Some where in there we'll do our vacation, it will be pretty local this year.  The kids also finished up the reading/science program via the Seattle Public Library so we scored free passes to go to the zoo. Grandma Claudia seems to be finished with surgery and has to do radiation treatment next which starts on Wednesday. Hopefully that will work as intended. David has been keeping up with golf as our schedule allows and has been enjoying shooting hoops when we pick Holiday up from day camp. Actually the kids like that too since they get to play on the playground just a little longer. I've been doing more canning. A couple weeks ago I did strawberry jam and this last weekend I did pickles. I still have a lot of cucumbers left so I might do more. Our grapes are just starting to ripen so grape jelly will be the next thing on the list. I'll probably do more applesauce and carrot cake jam as time allows.

No comments: