Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Update

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. Sorry everyone, things have been busy. My last doctor's appointment was on Nov. 20th and everything is fine. The baby and me are in the 50th percentile, totally average...which is kind of cool because that means whatever I look up in baby information books is where I am almost exactly (most people are are a little under or over and some are way over average). My regular doctor will be back from her maternity leave by my next appointment. David and I have been working on cleaning out all the nooks and crannies of the house. He's cleaned out our gutters and we did as much raking of leaves as our green bin will hold. Now we're cleaning out the bathroom and kitchen cubboards and getting rid of stuff we don't need so we can make room for baby stuff. We're starting to look at colors, borders, fabric and furniture for the nursery. I'm hoping that the bulk of the work on the nursery will be done by the end of the month, like the painting and setting up the wardrobe. We'll probably register soon and we're also starting to think seriously about baby names. David and I went to Grandma Linda and Uncle Mike's house down in Wasco, CA over Thanksgiving, I think I handled the road trip pretty well. David's not a crazy driver so motion sickness was pretty much non-existent. While we were there however, I noticed for the first time how much shallower my belly button is these days. It's more like a pucker than a belly button. I can feel the baby more often now, especially after I eat. Once in a while I feel whoozy because of it, kind of like that riding in a elevator sensation but it goes away quickly. Last Friday night I felt the first honest to goodness kick. The kid's already stronger than me. :)

1 comment:

Keri Hills said...

I looked at you Target baby registry. There are a lot of Jennifer Andersons! I love all the colors and fun animals. So cute! So Jenny!