Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More Baby Updates

We had our last OB appointment on Friday and everything is going fine. The drink they gave me to do a gestational diabetes blood test wasn't horrible, but it'll be a few days to get the results from that. They only had to poke me once for the blood test too. My doctor showed us a chiropratic trick to put my leg back into place and it works. I can still feel the sciatica there but I can move around without extreme pain...good stuff. We took our first class on Sunday, it was all about newborn care and breastfeeding...good teachers and good information. Later that evening we took a tour of the birthing facilities in our hospital. I was really happy with what I saw. Even happier when I found out that all pregnancy patients get their own personal nurse all to themselves, no sharing with other patients. They have jacuzzi tubs/showers, community kitchens, highly adjustable beds to get as comfortable as possible, mobile monitoring units so you can walk around if that helps and space in the room for the daddies to sleep. The glass window nursery is a thing of the past. Studies have shown babies are happier sleeping with their families instead of a bunch of other babies. I'm still working on my cross-stitch announcement and the curtains, but they have both been moving along. I also started mailing out the baby shower invitations today.

No comments: