Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Post Bumbershoot Recovery

Well we made it through Bumbershoot...all three days. I think we did pretty good, probably because we wanted it to work, even in the weather. So through proper planning and tag team efforts by mommy and daddy, Holly had a pretty good experience. I think Holly liked the visual experience the most, the art and the lights at the night show we went to. We were too tired to get to see De La Sol but we made it to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Eyed Peas, Franz Ferdinand and a bunch of others. With Holly's super cute pink ear phones (for hearing protection), David and I became the 'baby ear phones parents'. Everywhere we went people were asking us about them. One guy told us that he's been a sound guy for years and it always impresses him when parents take the time to protect their kids' hearing. We saw the ear phones for the first time last year at a NHRA event and later again at Bumbershoot when we were newly pregnant. It seemed like a good idea to us so we remembered it since we like going to concerts. We hung out with the Preston family during Bumbershoot quite a bit, they're always a fun family. :) I made a point to visit the Hemp booth because I needed a 'mommy purse'. I got a good one for a good price, I still have my smaller one that I got a couple years ago. They last a long time. I'll post Bumbershoot pictures when we get them downloaded.

No comments: