Monday, May 7, 2012

And baby boy makes four

So at 3:00 am yI started getting some whopper contractions and they were coming every 5 minutes.  At 4:00 a.m I cualled it in and they said I should come in.  So after that I woke David up and explained the situation.  We called my mom in to babysit Holly.  By the time every was settled we got to the hospital around 8:00 am and I was still having gnarley contractions.  David was hoping this was it where I said it better be or I'd have to slap someone because there was no way I was going to keep that up all day long.  I was dilated 3 cm and after a short monitoring session, the decision was made to proceed with the c-section.  After joking about David's scrubs in comparison to Devo uniforms, I was wheeled into action and given a spinal.  That really hurts but that pain is short lived and they all got to work.  When they pulled Johnny out I heard, "You have a little blonde...well, not little."  Johnny is 9 lbs 3.2 oz and 20" long born at 10:48 am.  Interesting tidbit David thought about his birthdate, 5+7=12.  After going through post-op, we got to our room around 1 pm.  I seem to be coping a little better physically this time around.  Johnny seems more like a red head to me and is just the sweetest thing.  Holly and Grandma Claudia got to meet him today.  Holiday was pretty excited about 'Baby Brother'.  That's a good sign.

2 comments:

Keri Hills said...

Congratulations Andersons! Happy Birthday Johnny!

gramlinda said...

ilieHe is so handsome inpictures David sent. Miss your blog like crazy, but understand how busy and sleep-deprived you must be.

Love,
Grandma
Linda