Monday, February 9, 2009

Keri's Baby Shower

Keri had her baby shower on Saturday and there was a pretty good turn out. It was probably about 20 people. John and Mark are the perfect hosts, even their son entertained all the younger guests. They even gave me a boppy, that'll come in handy since my foldable rocking chair doesn't have armrests. Considering the snowfall today, Keri got some awesome luck with the weather too because there was a beautiful view of Lake Washington from John and Mark's house. She got a lot of useful (and super cute) stuff. I think the little pink converse shoes were my personal favorite. :)

David and I went to our Childbirth Preparation class yesterday. It was a great class and we learned a lot. We were definitely paying attention during the coping with labor pains part. I'm going to try and go natural, but the epidural window is from 2-3 cm to 9+cm so I can always change my mind. I can see myself using every single coping method except for the stick your hand into a bucket of ice part, that sucked. There were some good movies that were shown to us so we know what to expect. I cried a little bit when they showed the first mom and baby moments, but then looking around the room I wasn't the only one so then I didn't feel so stupid. Even some of the nursing students in the class cried. One thing that was funny though was that David has known someone in both of the classes we've taken, but I haven't.

No comments: