Tuesday, February 21, 2012

All sorts of stuff

I think I'm just about done with this sickness thing.  My ears are popping a lot when I yawn or swallow a beverage of some kind so the deafness comes and goes.  I feel like I'm talking inside a cave right now, at least I don't have any annoying perpetual ring tone.  But I guess I still have it in my voice because when I talk to people on the phone they say I sound like I have it.  It's just the lingerings, I feel fine.   I think my feet are swelling a little because it's like a have a case of the mad cat itchies on my feet right now.  Kind of weird.  My tummy is itching too but it's just getting bigger in general, that  makes sense.  I'll be using a lot of lotion to keep this itching under control because it is enough to keep me awake at night.  I got up at one o'clock in the morning to put on lotion it was driving me crazy enough.  There was more daycare closures due to President's Day so I stayed home with Holly which is fine since I was still recovering.  When we did our grocery shopping this weekend, I can't really just stand there and wait for the cashier to do their thing, it's really hard on my back.  So I sat in the furniture section at Fred Meyer.  Three different people asked me if I was okay.  I assured them if there was a problem I wouldn't be sitting on a couch in a store, I'd be somewhere else.  It's like I'm so big now, I'm offensively pregnant and people are compelled to ask just to make sure.  I got up to see how check out was going since I felt a little conspicuous after that.  We took Vader into the vet on Saturday to catch him up with all his shots and diabetic testing, food and insulin.  That's out of the way so now we'll get the car all caught up with maintenance, David's expecting that little light to come on any day now.  David got his eyes checked last week and I need to figure out when to do mine.  I've started a baby registry at Target and my sister Kelly will be sending out baby shower invitations this week, she's the one throwing it too.  My theme for the baby's room is 'pond', so froggies, turtles, dragonflies, snails, ducks, fish, mushrooms, etc. will all fit in.  Probably some of the items I'm really hoping for are the curtains and the bin (blue tapered tote) which I will use as a laundry basket.  I will be buying those things immediately after the baby shower if no one else buys them.  There's really no big ticket items though.  We need boy clothes and blankets and lots of the little things for a new baby.  I'll place a link on the blog.

1 comment:

gramlinda said...

Oh man, and over 2 months to go! But you will get through it somehow.
Love,
Grandma Linda