Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting back to work

Well, I started back to work on Monday this week.  I miss baby John terribly but I'm doing alright.  John is having issues with using the bottle so it's going to take some time for him to adjust.  It's still all breast milk for him at this point, just the delivery system is throwing him off.  Despite that, he's not very cranky and still sleeps as much as he ever did.  He sure does a big healthy feeding when we get him home though.  Both Holly and John are at the same daycare which helps for convenience, finances and maintaining the sibling connection.  Johnny and I both had doctor's appointments yesterday, his 2 month and my post partum.  Of course Johnny is just doing spectacular, the doctor said I could take full credit for that.  All I can say is breastfeeding simply is not easy for me.  As for me, I'm weaning myself off of the antidepressants and am having slight post pregnancy issues but should be easily remedied.  I can go back to working out again I just need to keep a close watch on my milk supply.  Since I'm using a breast pump so much being back at work it would be quickly apparent if something was off.  I basically need to drink fluids like crazy and not work out to the point of throwing up.  I'm certainly not going to go full bore at this point, I'll need to start small to begin with otherwise I'm likely to pull every muscle in my body.

No comments: