Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving preparations

Pretty usual happenings in the Anderson house.  Johnny's doing better with teething, Holly's still dancing through the house and David's getting over his cold.  We had family pictures done this last Saturday, Johnny did really well and Holly did okay.  It's probably a toddler thing, but I still liked the pictures we got.  We did finish the bulk of our Thanksgiving shopping.  It's a good thing David already cleaned out the refridgerator so we had room.  We have the turkey in the thawing process right now.  I made a shopping list and forgot it at home, remarkably I was able to remember everything on the list.  We didn't do any yard work this weekend because the weather has been so wet and windy.  David and I have been do our best to keep up with it, so the bushes and lawn look great, with some leaves down but not bad, and there's always weeding to do but I consider the flower beds to be in decent shape.  I still think that's better than most people.  There's simply a lot of die-off in autumn anyways so I just clean it up as I go.  My mom is hosting Thanksgiving this year.  My sister Kelly will make the haul from Spokane and will get to meet Johnny for the first time so that's exciting.  We'll just bring the playpen and the saucer so we can function with Johnny.

1 comment:

gramlinda said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!! Watch out for the weather.