Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Peppers and Hot Sauce and Colds (yup...again)


Time for harvesting Mommy's peppers...


...Holiday is armed with some scissors for clipping the peppers off...


...and now she sets to work.


At the end of the planter with the peppers are some grape vines.  You can see all the planters down the yard.  Next over is the herb garden, then zucchini/artichoke, then all the flower beds.  You can see the dahlias from here.


This pepper plant was bigger than Holiday, that's pretty huge and to think that all that came from planting seeds in the greenhouse.


Daddy and Holiday with the score.


She is very proud of being able to help make something grow.


So we have pablano, anaheim, serrano and cayenne in there.


Holiday is outfitted.


You can see Johnny sleeping on my lap in the background.


Daddy and Holiday, slow to rise after a nap.


Now this is what all the peppers were made into the very next day.  David made some hot sauce.  He hasn't made any for a couple of years but he says it tastes like it did last time.  He bought special bottles and made labels for them.  I told them that label might scare people off if they think they might be reduced to a pile of ash with eyeballs sitting on top (thinking about the WB cartoons).

Well the Anderson family has got colds again.  It started with Holiday so I'm pretty sure it's her being introduced into a new set of germs at Pre-K that thus infected the rest of us.  I was the last to get it, but I'm starting to feel better today.  I sound real bad but that usually seems to happen to me, that if I sound terrible I'm feeling better. Weird, I know.  She's still adjusting to school.  She hates being dropped off but then proceeds to have a good time at school.  I think part of it is that she's not used to so much of her day structured.  They finally have been able to get her to take naps, but it's hardly the 2 1/2 hour naps she's used to, so she's still pretty tired.  I think because she's so tired is why she's been having more accidents at night lately.  I think she just needs time to adjust.  We have her all geared up for dance class to start on Saturday.  She has a new pink leotard and new ballet slippers.  She had outgrown her previous set.  The weather has certainly changed quite a bit lately so autumn is pretty much here.  Always my favorite time of year.  I love all the holidays, activities, colors and even the weather associated with autumn.

No comments: