Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Doctor appointments...snow...colds

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and found that my complete placenta previa had resolved, which is great news.  I would have been very upset if I was going to be put on bed rest.  I had my OB appointment afterwards, all standard stuff there.  I did the blood test for gestational diabetes after that.  I got a call today from my doctor and I'm one point within normal range.  Her recommendation was to cut back on carbs a little (tis my only vice) and pick up on protein.  They'll probably do finger prick tests in the future since I was borderline, but at this time, no extreme measures needed.  It could be that the reason my numbers are a little haywire is because this baby boy is in the 90th percentile.  Maybe that's why all my uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms kicked in earlier than last time...and I feel super huge.  Today we all stayed home because of the snow, Holly really liked playing in it and sledding.  It's just as well, Holly and I are both sick with colds, nothing serious.  I was bound to succomb sooner or later.  The Seattle school district declared itself closed tomorrow due to snow so I'll probably stay home with her and nurse my cold as well.

No comments: