Monday, January 23, 2012

Whew...made it through the storm

It was pretty slushy late Friday.  I was surprised at much had melted off by Saturday morning.  Our road was completely clear.  Now there are just slight little traces of snow in our yard here and there.  It's sunny right now that will probably melt off soon too.  So everybody is back to work and daycare today...hooray!  Our power never went out, I guess some 300,000 homes in the Puget Sound area went down and as of reading the paper this morning some 55,000 to go.  We're all on the tail end of our colds now.  Holly's nose is still pretty runny.  So we just took it easy this last weekend and didn't do much.  The Seattle Boat Show starts on Friday, so there won't be any major activities till that's over.  Daddy's going to be so tired.  I'm at 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant as of today, but I was told last week that the baby already is 1.5 pounds.  I haven't been sleeping too good because my hips hurt when I sleep on them, or heartburn, or simply couldn't shut my brain off...May seems really close all of a sudden and there's still stuff to do.  So I'm generally really tired, I fall asleep sitting up on the couch a lot but only in like 5-10 minute bursts.  It's like survival mode right now.  I'm seriously getting pregnant-brain syndrome right now.  I am so forgetful...it's a good thing I tend to write things down.  But you know what?  All of this is do-able because I'm not on bed rest and I can still go work and get things done, it's just a little harder to do than before.

No comments: