Monday, April 9, 2012

Doctor's Appointments and Easter Activities

I'm 35 weeks and 1 day today.  Last week I had to go in to see a doctor due to some freaky pregnancy skin condition.  Basically I'm extremely itchy on my legs and arms.  I did a blood test and the results came back on Saturday and we've ruled out the only bad one which is a malfunctioning liver.  So the rest are still a possibility along with the possibility of an allergic reaction and I have sensitive skin on top of all that, so it's not known what it actually is and we may never know since there's so many possibilities.  I'm just trying to deal with the symptoms as best I can.  So it just sucks it doesn't hurt anything.  This morning I saw my regular OB doctor and I'm measuring only barely bigger than normal so I did not need an additional ultrasound and am expected to go to term as normal.  Johnny is sitting in there transverse so it may have been how he was lying in there last time that made it seem like he was so much bigger.  It was a challenge for her to track down his heartbeat today since he's such a little squiggler.  Maybe he's just ticklish, he always moves when I put a hand to my belly.  If you stare at my belly long enough you can totally see him move in there.  He gets the hiccups nearly every day.

We took Holiday to the zoo on Saturday for the Bunny Bounce.  She enjoyed picking up eggs but I think her favorite part was riding the merry-go-round with daddy.  You can redeem your eggs for like four pieces of candy, but we decided to keep the eggs.  She has a lot of fun with them.  On Easter Day, I hid plastic eggs and the real eggs she decorated last week in the back yard.  I think she liked that better than the zoo.  The zoo staff just dump buckets of eggs everywhere, not hard to find.  I made it a little more challenging than just dumping them in the middle of the grass.  Mostly I stashed them in flower beds, the deck and daddy's motorcycle.  Holiday also had sidewalk chalk and play dough toys in her easter basket and loved playing with both.

No comments: